FREE Suicide Prevention Training for Arizona Educators
The Arizona Department of Education’s Project AWARE Grant is providing an opportunity for you to take an online suicide prevention training during the COVID-19 restrictions that will provide you with a certificate which complies with the new legislative requirement; ARS 15-120, which requires all 6th-12th grade school personnel take an evidence-based suicide prevention training at least once every three years. The list of approved evidence based trainings can be found here.
Take advantage of this FREE opportunity to learn the basics of suicide prevention and how to assist someone in crisis. The QPR (Question, Persuade, Refer) Institute training is about an hour in duration and can be done remotely during school closure. There is a five minute (or less) post-assessment to complete once you’ve finished with the training. We would greatly appreciate your participation in this, so opportunities such as this may be continued through grant funding.
Disclaimers: The content of this training may be difficult and will cover sensitive topics around suicide and mental health. By accepting an online code from ADE, participants affirm that they are safe to hear information about these sensitive topics and that they alone are responsible for their decision to participate in the course. Online attendees also agree to complete a post-training evaluation. There are a limited number of training codes and they are first come, first serve. Depending on the demand, we may purchase more and then update you.
QPR (Question, Persuade, Refer) Online Suicide Prevention Training Instructions to access:
1. Navigate to: qprtraining.com/setup
2. Enter the organization code AZED
3. Select Create Account
4. Complete and submit registration form – Note: QPR will display and email the newly created Username and Password.
5. Login to begin training at qprtraining.com
6. Complete the Project AWARE Online Assessment (you should automatically be re-routed to it)
7. Print your certificate from the link at the end of the training, save a copy for your records, and submit a copy to your supervisor, if appropriate. Print the QPR card, the booklet, and other resources offered at the end of the course, for your reference.
If you have any questions, good news, or challenges, please reach out to email@example.com with Subject Title: QPR Training
Learn more about Project AWARE or watch this short video.
Greetings School Health Partner,
Thank you for all you do in the lives of your students and community. Below are a few resources you may find helpful.
The Disaster Distress Helpline offers counseling services via telephone and in multiple languages
Enter your zip code to find a food bank near you
Find free and almost free services in Maricopa County