CGCS exists for the benefit of each student regardless of his or her capacity for learning. It is our task to provide hands on learning experiences appropriate for all levels of ability. The goal of the Special Education Department is to implement this philosophy into practice for students with disabilities.
Educational Services for All Children
It is our goal to serve every disabled, school-aged child that attends CGCS.
Autism, Developmental Delay, Emotional Disturbance, Hearing Impairment, Mental Retardation, Multiple Disability, Multiple Disability with Severe Sensory Impairment, Orthopedic Impairment, Other Health Impairment,Specific Learning Disability, Speech and Language Impairment, Traumatic Brain Injured, Visual Impairment.
Child Find is a component of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) that requires districts to locate, identify, and evaluate all children with disabilities, aged 2:9 through 21, who are in need of special education services.
Parents of preschool aged students, age 2:9 – 5 years, can answer the following questions to determine if your child has special needs.
Does my child:
- Have trouble seeing people and objects?
- Have trouble hearing voices and other sounds, or remain unusually quite for long periods of time?
- Have difficulty talking and pronouncing words properly?
- Move about with difficulty when crawling, walking, or running?
- Learn slowly and have difficulty understanding?
- Have trouble playing with other children or getting along with adults?
- Have other special health problems?
If you answered “yes” to one or more of these questions, call your nearest home district school and ask for more information about Child Find and pre-school screening.